Snacking is an activity that we all want to take part of. But, while we try to stay fit, healthy and eat clean, snacking can be the area where many people struggle when it comes to staying in the safe zone. I am also aware of the fact that the healthy options are quite limited, but if we focus more and if we really want to stay in the healthy territory, we need to do something about that.
For example, a lot of healthy snacks can be prepared with good fats, spices and herbs. Making your own seaweed chips is easy and much cheaper than buying the prepackaged versions. I know it will take more time to prepare it , than to go and grab a box of Pringles from the store. Just remember that the time that you will spend preparing this snack, is priceless and is worth your health and well being.
For this recipe you can use as much or as little oil and salt as you’d like. I usually use 1 table spoon of sesame oil and 1 table spoon Himalayan salt. You can also use different types of cooking methods. You can prepare them in a pan. Or you can roast them in the oven. Whichever method you choose, they will taste amazing.
6 sheets dried seaweed or nori
1 TB sesame oil
- optional spices of your choice such as onion powder, garlic powder, sesame seeds and etc.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cut the seaweed sheets into four with a knife.
- Place them on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Lightly brush them with oil.
- Sprinkle the seaweed with sea salt and powdered spice of your choice. It should stick to the oil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the seaweed chips become dry, green, and crispy.
- Let cool and serve or store.
Happy Snacking !