Hello y’all! It’s Monday (again). It was so gloomy and cold this morning, here in Almaty, but days like this are a perfect call for baking.
This morning I woke up craving chocolate, but as you all know, if I eat regular chocolate, I will cry for days and the guilt feeling will hunt me. So, instead of letting the circumstances of this gloomy day tempt me, I decided to make something that will be good and healthy, yet chocolaty.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Muffins, with oat flour and peanut butter, without sugar! That’s right, zero sugar my friends! These muffins are so yummy and slightly sweet. So, we have a win-win situation!
Last time I made the Pumpkin Muffins, and I had so much fun in the kitchen. Now I had even more fun(read > mess ). Half of the kitchen was covered in chocolate, which in turn filled the whole apartment in a chocolate smell, reminding me of my San Diego summer mornings when I was passing by Ghirardelli corner. Damn, I will never forget that chocolate smell in the air. Kids love it! I love it! Who doesn’t?
But I love it even more when I know that is healthy, sugar free and guilt free. That’s why my chocolate peanut butter muffins are super amazing. Because they are healthy enough for you to actually eat them for breakfast with no guilt!
If I say my love is rich, dark, and handsome, who says it can’t be a healthy chocolate muffin?
Well we can all share this handsome superhero for breakfast, or an afternoon treat, or even dessert.
Because I already know that you guys will like these as much as I do, so if you try these, snap a photo and tag #bootiesandsmoothies on Instagram. I’m looking forward to seeing the photos!
Click play to see how easy it is to make them and give it a try !
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup Hazelnut milk
- 1 large egg
- 70 grams dark chocolate (100% cocoa) (1 row for melting, chop the rest into pieces and add it to the batter)
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil
Peanut Butter frosting:
- 1/2 peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon 0% fat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1.Preheat oven to 375F/175C degrees. Lightly oil muffin cups.
2. Use a whisk to mix all wet ingredients in a mixing bowl. (peanut butter, honey, egg, milk, melted dark chocolate )
3. Use whisk to combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder) in a separate mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Spoon batter into muffin cups. If using chocolate chip, drop a couple on top of the muffin batter or mix it in the batter.
5. Bake muffins for 20 minutes!
6. For the frosting. Add Greek yogurt, cocoa powder and peanut butter in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined. Add 1 teaspoon of honey, beat for 1 minute until combined and creamy. Taste the frosting and add more honey if desired.
6. Enjoy !
Please subscribe for more BootiesAndSmoothies video recipes !