I love chocolate, especially dark chocolate, because it’s satisfying with far less sugar. But who knew making your own healthy dark chocolate was so easy, using only four ingredients. You can snack on it when you need to satisfy a chocolate craving, and it’s also perfect to use in a lot of chocolate involved recepies.
Trust me, after you make it, you will never buy chocolate again.
Eating clean and healthy doesn’t mean you can’t have a treat once in a while, especially when the treat itself is pretty healthy. With no refined sugar, soy, or dairy, this Paleo Dark Chocolate recipe is delicious and the best way to have a “healthy” treat without feeling guilty..
This Homemade Paleo Dark Chocolate is so delicious and so simple to make. Four ingredients and a few minutes is all it takes. Just melt some coconut oil, add cocoa or cacao powder, honey (add more if you want it sweeter), a pinch of salt and and whisk it together. Pour into a pan, let it chill in the fridge, chop into chunks and enjoy the melting in your mouth.
Have in mind that this chocolate has a coconut oil base which means if you leave it at room temperature it will melt.
Also here are some health benefits of the ingredients.
- Cacao powder is full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Coconut oil- strengthens immune system, helps prevent wrinkles, improves bone health, rich in lauric acid that helps maintain blood sugar and cholesterol levels, and helps heal infections and so on.
- Honey- alleviates allergies, cough suppressant, and is a sleep aid.
No joke, this seriously tastes like delicious dark chocolate, but the best part about it is that we know exactly what went into it.
Try it out – I think you’ll be impressed. Enjoy!
- 5tbsp coconut oil
- 5tbsp cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan or in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir cocoa powder, maple syrup/ honey, and salt, into the melted coconut oil until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into a lined baking pan or sheet. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Chop into chunks or bars. Store at cool room temperature or in the refrigerator.