Valentine’s day is here my lovely friends and if you are like me, wondering and looking for a fun and yummy Valentine’s dessert to make, look no further. I have this Gluten Free Chocolate Valentine’s Heart recipe for you, which is super easy to make. I promise, all you need for Valentine’s day are these cookies, because you will fall in love with the way they melt in your mouth.
You can also save this recipe for a different holiday like Christmas and make the cookies in cute little Christmas Tree shapes. Smart, huh? For Easter we can make them shaped like eggs and so on. For today, well, what other shape would be suitable for Valentine’s Day than a heart, right?!
“Everything” around me on this day is formed in the sign of a heart.
These healthy, cute cookies shaped like hearts are a delicious treat, but they can also be the perfect homemade present. You can pack these yummy cookies and give them to someone you love.
If you haven’t made these cookies yet, prepare for a life changer. They’re soft and chewy, with some rich, brownie-like chocolate flavor, which means they already have a lot of flavor, so they are amazing plain. You don’t have to load them up with lots of frosting.
Im already planning on baking more for the weekend, who said that this should only be a Valentine’s treat?!
So let’s see how you will make these healthy chocolate cookies. Valentine cookies, to be precise! First things first, start with almond flour or coconut flour and cocoa powder, so we make these cookies taste really rich and chocolaty without adding dark chocolate.
The next thing we need are 2 tablespoons of melted vegan butter (or coconut oil!).
To sweeten my cookies, I used stevia sugar, which is a plant-based, no calorie sweetener that consists nothing refined. You can also use honey and agave instead!
After making your cookie dough, let it chill for one hour. Once you have chilled it, it’s time for rolling. My way of rolling out the cookie dough is to do it out between sheets of plastic wrap! This makes it much easier for you, because you don’t have to flour your work surface, which automatically means, no mess and no chaos in the kitchen!
How irresistible do these look? When you make your own, remember to snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #bootiesandsmoothies and tagging @bbynaj in the photo! I’d love to see your Valentine cookies!
- 2 tbsp melted and cooled coconut oil or vegan butter
- 4 tbsp organic sugar (stevia sugar, coconut sugar and honey will also work)
- 1 egg
- 100 grams almond flour
- 60 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda/powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tbsp chia-rice milk
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil or vegan butter, egg , stevia and rice milk. Add in the flour mixture, and mixed well. Put the dough in the center of a large sheet of plastic wrap and chill the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, and line one large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Leave the cookie dough between the sheets of plastic wrap and roll it out.
- Get your cookie cutter ready, and press it into the dough. Remove the unused dough away from the shapes, and place them onto the prepared baking sheets. Reroll the unused dough between two sheets of plastic wrap, and repeat.
- Bake the cut out cookie dough at 190°C for 8-9 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before preparing them for a photo shoot;)