Let’s talk about my new post-workout snack.
Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Cookies !
If you are like me, then you know the feeling after finishing a gym sesh. Your stomach feels empty, and you just want to eat. Usually I am craving something sweet and delicious. Getting sick and tired from the protein shakes is not a new thing. And eating something unhealthy can easily happen, because you just finished the workout, so why not allowing your self some cheat treat.
Well, what if I tell you that once you make these yummy cookies, you won’t crave anything else, and at the same time you won’t even feel feel guilty about eating them. Win-win !
And again if you are like me, and you don’t know how to control yourself then I assure you these cookies won’t last a week. But trust me, eating just one or two of these cookies will satisfy your cravings.
The best part about these cookies is that they are so easy to make, so you just make another batch. And another one…
Simply mix almond butter, coconut sugar, almond flour, plant protein powder, cocoa powder and eggs until well combined and sticky. Take a tablespoon of the mixture, roll into a ball and flatten between your palms. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for about 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool for about 15 minutes.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 scoops plant protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 175°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture, roll into a ball. Flatten between your palms and place on a baking sheet. Use a fork to make cookie criss-cross marks on your cookie. Because why not )
- Bake at 350°F or 175°C for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes so that the cookies can harden!
- While cookies are cooling, you can crush some almonds and sprinkle on top.