I don’t know about you but I have a thing for pretty food, somehow it always puts a smile on my face!
Now let me put a smile on your face with these gluten free buckwheat pitaya pancakes.
I made them from pitaya powder(obviously), which gave them a brilliant pink color.
The pink pitaya is naturally vibrant in color, therefore it is without a doubt my choice for a natural alternative to food coloring. It is the best way of making food colorful and pretty without the use of any artificial colours.
Pitaya powder has a strong, rich pink colour which looks cute and girly when added into the pancake mixture! Who wouldn’t like that?
And if you are concerned about the taste, I assure you that you don’t have to worry at all if these pancakes are going to taste like anything but pancakes.
I layered them up with some coconut yoghurt, dragon fruit, blueberries and strawberries.
Have you ever tried using dragon fruit powder? Lately I put it in everything I make. Pink vibes always make me positive and happy.
Pitaya powder is also loaded with good-for-you nutrients and vitamins. Plus the pancakes are quick & easy to make. They will definitely brighten up your day with their color, fluffiness and deliciousness .
What do you think ? Almost too pretty to eat?
…Almost yes, because once you taste them, you won’t be able to stop!
Pink Pitaya Pancakes
- 1/2 tbsp pitaya powder
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanila extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup gluten free oats
- Add the flour, cornstarch, oats, salt and pitaya powder into a bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla.
- Combine until smooth.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Spoon the batter into the pan, about 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Allow the edges of the pancake to turn golden then flip.
- Once both sides are golden in colour, serve.
- Top with fruits and berries of your choice, and pour some coconut butter glaze or maple syrup.
Don’t forget to tag me in your Booties & Smoothies recreations on Instagram #bootiesandsmoothies