I love chocolate… Especially when there is peanut butter in the middle !
If you are anything like me and have a sweet tooth, you will like these homemade treats! It’s nice to have a healthier alternative to store bought chocolate or candy. My only problem is that I can’t make these kind of treats last longer.
They are super easy and they freeze so quickly.
And yes! They are as good as they look! As well they are 100% guilt free and healthy! Just 4 ingredients! If you ask me, these need to be a part of life ALL year round! You can keep them in the freezer and just pop one in your mouth after dinner to satisfy your craving. Make a big batch of these, freeze them and you might potentially have healthy treats for a few months!
The secret ingredient to my recipe is the maple syrup. The addition of it to the peanut butter makes the filling even more smooth and delicious.
I am a lover of anything with chocolate & peanut butter and these right here hit the spot!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 cup cocoa butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Set out 10 silicone cupcake cups
- Top and bottom layer : Melt the cocoa butter on medium heat
- When the cocoa butter is completely melted remove from heat and whisk in the raw cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour 1tbsp in silicon cups and put the cups in the fridge for 10 min
- Spoon your peanut butter mixture into each cup. The middle layer is just plain peanut butter with no added sugar, salt, or oils.
- Use the rest of your chocolate, cover over the peanut mixture in each cup.
- Freeze for 5-10 minutes in between layers, then you can transfer and store them in the freezer.