Blueberry: one of the strongest players in the baking game !
This summer I was so happy and lucky that my grandma rewarded me with so many blueberry cans, so I ended up having extra blueberries. So what do you do when life gives you extra blueberries, well then you make a blueberry bread!
This bread is soft, moist, and sweet! It is a cross between a muffin + bread and totally easy + totally healthy!
To me this is the perfect morning breakfast with a cup of coffee.
You already know that zucchini is my game changer for every recent recipe, it keeps the bread tender and healthier, and if you have picky eaters who don’t like zucchini, don’t worry because you can’t taste it!
This sweet breakfast bread tastes just like a giant blueberry muffin.
I’ve already eaten about 10 pieces of this blueberry bread this weekend and I’m not even mad about it.
Homemade Blueberry Bread
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil , liquid-state
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup of fresh grated zucchini(remove moisture by placing in between two paper towels and pressing firmly)
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C. Grease one loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon, and fold into mixture.
- Add the zucchini and blueberries, and fold gently to combine.
- Turn batter out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 55-75 minutes or until the top is golden, the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 15- 20 minutes until transferring to a wire rack.