Who wants cuteness overload and deliciousness all in one?
Since the day I purchased my natural food colors, I have been going crazy with ideas of making so many different, beautiful, magical, out of this world desserts, and to be honest, sometimes I amaze myself with the insane baby eauty of my own creations. The other day I was thinking about how much I’d like to make a raw unicorn cheesecake. I mean who doesn’t like a colorful cake?
So that’s how my Unicorn Cheesecake was born and my delicious dreams came true.
This cake can be a perfect choice for a fancy party, unicorn-themed birthday, or for no reason except because it is more ”Instagrammable” and because everyones tastebuds deserve a little magic.
No one can resist the charms of this magical dessert!
The entire process of creating this cake takes about 15 minutes, and there is NO baking required.
Some cakes taste yummy but look awful, some cakes look amazing but taste just meh – This is one cheesecake that looks so pretty and tastes delicious too!
The colourings are all natural by the superfood brands Raw Nice and Unicornsuperfoods (I mixed them both because I had left blue color from Unicornfoods and pink from Raw Nice) which made my kitchen so colorful. The blue color is a blue spirulina powder, the pink one is a pitaya powder. These colors can be used for so many Instaworthy recipes.
Vegan Unicorn Cheesecake
- 150g nuts (I used half almonds and half pecans)
- 4 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Blend the base ingredients in a food processor. Press into a springform cake tin and put in the freezer to set
- Blend the filling ingredients until smooth
- Divide the filling mixture into 2 bowls (half of the mixture in each) and dye with desired food colors. I went with pink and blue
- Add the dyed filling mixture to the cake pan one spoonful at a time, alternating between colours, until the whole pan is filled. Using a thin knife, swirl the top
- Chill the cake in the freezer overnight until completely firm
- Take the cake out of the freezer at least 1 hour before serving to let it soften a bit
- Release the cake from the pan and decorate it with fresh berries, dragon fruit and coconut sprinkles
- Cut with a hot, sharp knife