Who’s up for a simple yet elegant treat?
I love being creative in the kitchen and for me food presentation is just as essential to the success of a dish as its taste and flavour. This dessert definitely fulfills both criterias. Looking absolutely gorgeous and so tasty at the same time.
These no bake lemon blueberry cheesecake bars have a surprisingly short ingredient list and only require a food processor. Aren’t those the best recipes?
So I decided to kick my week off with this super easy dessert and i’d be lying if I said I didn’t have one after breakfast.
Words cannot describe how AH-mazing this is!
This alone would be the perfect dessert, but I had some blueberries that needed using up in the freezer. Trust me this can be your perfect summer dessert, refreshing and full of fruity flavor.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight & drained
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- Soak your dates in room temperature water for 10 minutes.
- When ready, process the dates, almonds, vanilla extract and sea salt in a food processor until the almonds have chopped. Press into an 8×8 pan and set aside.
- In the food processor, pulse all the filling ingredients (without the blueberries) for 2-3 minutes and make sure everything processes well into a creamy texture.
- Pour half of the mixture into a different bowl and set aside.
- Add the blueberries to the remaining mixture and blend until well combined.
- Using a spoon, add spoonfuls of the lemon cheesecake and blueberry cheesecake into the pan.
- Use a knife to swirl together.
- Place in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.